25 May Top 7 Free Blogging Platforms in 2021
Free Blogging Platforms
Are you looking for free blogging platforms in 2021 to share your writing with the world? Whether you want to start a blog and broaden your audience or like to share updates with your dear ones, today, in this article, we have put the top 7 free blogging platforms for you where you can start a blog.
Let’s get started and begin with the most popular way to start a blog for free in 2021:
WordPress is one of the best and popular ways to make blogs. This setup is very easy and quick. WordPress Software is free, but if you want hosting to run the WordPress software, that might cost you a couple of bucks.
Advantages of WordPress
- You have 100% control over the looks of your blogs using themes and features using plugins.
- Self-hosted WordPress offers you the flexibility of any other blogging platform.
- You can use tons of themes and plugins; most of them are free.!
Medium is one of the exciting platforms for blogging. It is a mix of both blogging platform and publishers. Not only this, as you will be publishing on Medium, you get a chance to get your content featured to Medium’s readers, which is similar to get featured in the Magazine.
Advantages of Medium
- You can earn money via the Medium Partner Program.
- Medium is a kind of blogging platform that gives immense joy and makes it pleasant to create content.
Blogger is a free blogging site from Google. You can easily and quickly create a free blog using.blogspot.com subdomain, or you can buy your customized domain and use it with Blogger for free of cost.
Advantages of Blogger
- It includes all the essential features you need for your blogging platform.
- Because it is a part of Google, Blogger makes it very convenient to monetize your blog with the help of google ads.
Ghost is just like WordPress. It is a free, open-source software that you can install on your web hosting to create blogs. Ghost also has in-built features to help you create a membership community around your blog.
Advantages of Ghost
- Ghost has both in-built and monetization features.
- It is free and open-source.
Substack is one of the new blogging platforms that allow you to build your email newsletter. It is up to you to make your content free, 100% paid, or a mixture of both free and premium plans.
Advantages of Substack
- Substack makes it easy for you to charge for your content, though it will cut 10% off as their fees.
- It makes it super easy for you- you need to write your content.
Jekyll is an excellent blogging platform for technical users who have development knowledge. But if you are a non-technical user, then you will choose a different platform.
Advantages of Jekyll
- Jekyll makes it easy to create your custom design with a simple templating system.
- It does not need a database; you can quickly move your blog anywhere and host it on free solutions.
Tumblr is a micro-blogging platform that is great for short-term content and visual media. Though, it does not allow to post long lengthy blogs. It is one of the free blogging sites if you want to publish short-term content.
Advantages of Tumblr
- Tumblr is non-technical and easy to use.
- You can use a custom domain name free, and there is a built community in Tumblr which helps you get visibility.
Wrapping Up –
In the end, we can say that these are some of the best blogging platforms you can choose if you want to write your blogs. These options are best for you to start your blogging journey as your boss.
Also, if you had used any of the blogging websites, let us know your favorite one and experience in the comment section below.