Facebook is an important networking site for people to keep up-to-date with friends and family, share updates and photos, or just chat with others. We use Facebook to the extent that it has become a part of our daily routines.
Facebook has not just restricted its platform for fun only. It has expanded its space for business, allowing them to run Facebook ads to easily promote their products or services to a wide audience.
But if you don’t follow Facebook’s policy of using the platform, your ad account can be suspended and you will be blocked from using it. So, how to make sure your account doesn’t get suspended? Or if it has already been suspended, how to recover it? Let’s find out.
What is Facebook Ad Suspension, and What are its Effects?
There are many people who use Facebook for their businesses. In fact, they spend a lot of time and money on Facebook advertising on the platform as is has a large user base.
Many get their accounts suspended from using Facebook due to basic reasons such as violating Facebook policies or spamming. This can be a great setback for some businesses who invest so much in Facebook ad campaigns.
With a Facebook ad account disabled; you cannot use the ad account anymore and:
- You are not allowed to see your advertisements or create a new one.
- You will also be blocked from analyzing your ad performance statistics.
- It will even stop you from making or resuming your payments for the ad account.
Additionally, it may lead to a loss of revenue, customer base, or even a loss of reputation if you do not take any action against the suspension. The end result will be your business getting affected negatively.
Why is Your Facebook Ad Account Suspended?
The Facebook ad account suspension is a matter of great concern for digital marketers. It can happen to anyone. But if you know what causes the suspension, you can take steps to avoid it.
However, know that Facebook is not very transparent about the exact reasons for disabling an account. But there are some common reasons that you should consider to avoid suspension.
- The first reason for receiving a “red flag” on your ad account is because:
- Your ads have marked a collective negative rating from customers.
- Your ads contained violent content.
- The images used in your ad are sexually suggestive.
- The information conveyed in your ads might be offensive.
- You have used inappropriate language in your ad that indirectly refers to a group of people.
- The second reason for receiving a “red flag” on your ad account is because:
- You have violated and posted misleading content that is against Facebook ad policy.
- You have not followed Facebook business account guidelines thoroughly.
How do You Recover Your Suspended Facebook Account?
Now that you know why Facebook may have suspended your ad account, let us look at the different ways to recover your suspended Facebook account.
1. Contact the Facebook Team
If you find your ad account disabled, then the first thing you need to do is contact the Facebook team for help. You can do this as follows:
- Try to open your ad account.
- A message will appear stating that your “advertising account is suspended.”
- Click on “contact us” to submit your appeal.
2. Contact the Support Team
If contacting the Facebook team has failed for any of the reasons or technical errors then, try contacting the help center. You can do this as follows:
- Open the Facebook ad account.
- Now try to click on the question mark symbol, which you can see at the top right corner.
- You should now see the Help Center option; select it.
- You will be directed to a new page on the screen where you can find different issues.
- Select the issue you are facing.
- You will be given a set of information that will guide you.
3. Send Your Appeal
After finding the reason for your Facebook ad account suspension, you now need to submit your appeal. It goes like this:
- Log in to your Facebook ad account.
- Now click on your name in the top right corner and navigate to the “Creator Studio” option.
- After opening Creator Studio, click on Monetization Manager.
- Now, in the monetization manager page, choose the Ad Space option, which is seen at the top.
- Here, click “Appeal” or “Appeal Again” according to the violation you have made.
- State the information in the appeal and click on “Submit.”
- If your appeal is approved, you will receive an email from Facebook within 48 hours, or preferably within 5 working days.
4. Use Your Ad Account ID to Check
Also, once you have submitted the appeal to the Facebook team, you can check your ad account again after 2 days to confirm whether the issue has been resolved or not. You can do it as follows:
- If you can log in to the account, then yes, your issue is resolved.
- If you see a pop-up that says “There is no add account with this ID,” it means your ad account is still on hold or suspended.
- In such case, try creating a different ad account and use it to stay connected with customers until your disabled ID is enabled.
Facebook is a great place to advertise your business, but you need to be careful. If you go against Facebook’s terms, then your account can be suspended. Hope this article helps you recover your suspended Facebook ads account. Need further assistance? Contact our digital marketing Expert team.